"I've been letting my mind wonder at night. My thoughts should have a curfew." Am Kidd

Friday, April 9, 2010

Quiet thoughts



Friday Morning awoke slowly, with heavy eyes. There was a strange peace. The sounds were muffled, even the birds seemed to be wrapped in the gentle mist.

On a day like this I like to sit in a quiet corner and let my thoughts flutter.  Like butterflies they stop here and there, unhurried, unleashed, unafraid.  My mind becomes a garden and the flowers are happy memories.

I listen to the gentle April rain on my window, the ticking of the clock, a car passing by, the sound of a wind bell, and I find that's all I need. "Joy" is here. We are sharing quiet thoughts.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Photo by Weheartit.com


12 comments:

  1. Dear Alina,
    How lovely...I look at the little girl in the picture and I become her, for just a few seconds, but enough to feel the magic of an April day. Thank you for always inspiring me to lose myself into a sweet place. Have a beautiful day!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful weekend lovely Alina, I wish you sunshine and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts like butterflies flutter especially in quiet times. Serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the girl in the picture is so inspiring :) nice weekend for u alina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Alina...! Have a magical wkd !!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking for butterflies behind the buzzing bees. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The darling little girl in the picture brought back memories of younger days when I used to allow my quiet thoughts to run freely. Thank you for reminding me to spend time with my quiet thoughts as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love April in the Springtime...! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Alina ,the dreams make us live.
    Happy spring .
    Un abrazo .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love misty spring mornings:-) Alina, your words always transport me to a quiet and peaceful place. Exactly what I need on this Sunday evening, knowing that I have a very busy day ahead. Thank you. And thank you for your sweet comment at mine today.

    Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, just to be still and to be aware of being. Just to be! You put so many of my thoughts and feelings into words perfectly!

    Love, Kate xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my friends for stopping by. I treasure everyone's words and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Albert Schweitzer said "In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" I thank you all!