"I've been letting my mind wonder at night. My thoughts should have a curfew." Am Kidd

Monday, January 4, 2010

If hands could free you, heart!




If hands could free you, heart,
Where would you fly?
Far, beyond every part
Of earth this running sky
Makes desolate? Would you cross
City and hill and sea,
If hands could set you free?

I would not lift the latch;
For I could run
Through fields, pit-valleys, catch
All beauty under the sun
Still end in loss:
I should find no bent arm,  no bed
To rest my head


Poem by Philip Larkin
Photo by Weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. That's how I feel about my writing. My hands setting me free by creating. Such a beautiful piece. I needed this as dive back into my WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alina,
    Happy New Year dear friend!:)
    Really lovely to see you again. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem. I feel freedom can only be found within, by letting go of ego and great expectations of life... This is easier said than done!;)
    I'm sorry to hear your bracelet has not arrived yet!:(
    All I can say, is that it must have been caught up in the Xmas post and see if it arrives at the end of the week. I hope it will be delivered to you safely!
    Do keep me posted... The post office did say the package would take a long time to get to the US.
    Very Best Wishes for 2010.
    Jo.x:)

    ReplyDelete

Albert Schweitzer said "In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" I thank you all!