Have you ever had the feeling that no matter how long you know someone, you don't really know that person, and that person doesn't really know you? People you see and talk to everyday, people with whom you work and play, they seem to remain perfect strangers.
Then, once in while you come across someone you've just met and for some strange reason there is an instant connection, an unexplained bond. I notice this to be even more so in the world of Blogs. Perhaps this is because when a post is written in the peaceful silence of the night, a person doesn't have to struggle to keep up a front, to make an impression, to behave a certain way. We are relaxed and our words are truly attuned to our feelings. You could tell a lot about someone by the way they write! There is no middle man between the thought and the word. You think it, you feel it, you write it. It's there in black and white, and the reader captures the message, pure and undiluted. Hence, that instant magic bond.
In the short time I've been blogging I have come to know and love so many Kindred Spirits. Ladies I would probably never, ever meet in person and yet, I look forward to listen to what they have to say, I enjoy seeing what they want to show. Pieces of their lives, everyday thoughts, tears and laughter. These people are no longer strangers, they have a name, they have a soul and strangely, the "body" is not important. In my world
Mxtodis123 is one of those Kindred Spirits I am referring to. An interesting and talented woman whose Blog I enjoy visiting. Our friendship is fairly new and yet the bond is already there. I am happy to share the Award (and the questions) that she has passed on to me. Thank you Mary! This is fun :0)
1. What is your favorite food? Comfort food. Soup, mashed potatoes, anything that tastes like home.
2. What is your favorite television show? ANYTHING British. I'm such a fan!
3. If you could live wherever you wanted, where would it be? In the countryside, in a cottage surrounded by a wild, lush garden full of butterflies and birdsong.
4. Who is your hero? I admire the "average" person who quietly makes a difference, the "behind the scene" guy or gal who hardly ever get the recognizition they deserve for their efforts and daily sacrifices.
5. Favorite drink? Wine ^__^
6. What are your hobbies? Decorating, reading, gardening, daydreaming.
7. Who is your favorite author? This is a hard one. I love so many! Beverly Nichols, Muriel Spark, Jane Austen, Alice Thomas Ellis (to name a few)
8. Favorite subject when you were in school? English.
9. Day or night person? I could not choose. There are times when I get up very early and enjoy looking at the raising sun, but then, on those magic nights when the moon is full, I become restless, unable to go to sleep because I don't want to miss it!10. Favorite holiday? Halloween!!
I hereby pass on this Award and my ten questions to:
Miss Sandra http://musingsfromharmonie.blogspot.com/
1- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
2- What foreign countries have you visited?
3- Which day of the week do you like the most and why?
4- If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
5- What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
6- What crazy things do you dream of trying someday?
7- What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
8- What is the one thing that you love the most about yourself?
9- What do you do when you are feeling sad or depressed?
10- What is your idea of fun?
All the Blogs I follow are wonderful places, filled with beautiful images and heartfelt stories. It's quite comforting to know that I am not alone in my quest to learn new things, to dream, to enjoy life, and to try and be a better person. It's a great feeling knowing that somewhere, near or far, someone might be thinking of me, and that my name might be written on someone's list as a special Kindred Spirit.
Photo by Bing Images