"I've been letting my mind wonder at night. My thoughts should have a curfew." Am Kidd

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tempting treasures

This year, like every year, I promised myself not to buy anymore Christmas ornaments. I was doing good but this past Friday I attended a very large Craft Fair and could not resist getting this terrific treasure 

I mean, the face seems to be about to leap from the frame! The photo does no justice to the incredible details, from the stubble of the beard to the twinkle in the eyes. I just love it.


I had been toying with the idea of making a large Santa Claus and quite unexpectedly, I ended up making a Santa Bunny. Here it is, standing in my dining room.
After this, I have gone in a frenzy and the whole house has been turned upside down. My husband laughs and says he would not be surprised to find I had decorated the bathroom tissue...uhm, better not give me any ideas :0)
I made this dollhouse for my daughter when she was 3 years old. It now holds a place in our porch.
I am not really a "teal" sort of person, but this chair was just too beautiful to leave behind.

Now, I ask you, isn't wonderful to go totally overboard and run around so much that at the end of the day one barely has the strength to crawl into bed? I see a lot of heads nodding! So nice to be surrounded by so many other "nuts" :0) Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Yuletide spirit, Alina, and your energy! Keep being the wonderful you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore the 'jester' picture/sculpture i can see why you brought it home! love the way you have decorated your home, so welcoming. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love love love the Jester woman!

    I would have snatched it up too. What a treasure, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Albert Schweitzer said "In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" I thank you all!