"I've been letting my mind wonder at night. My thoughts should have a curfew." Am Kidd

Monday, July 12, 2010

Out in the country



I have great news to share with you. As many already know, I am a lover of quiet places and I don't really like living so close to the city. Well, it so happened that this weekend we visited some friends who own a vacation home located at a campsite in New Jersey's beautiful Kittatiny Mountains. This is near the very point where one could turn one way and be in the State of New York, or turn the other and be in Pennsylvania. Needless to say the view is magnificent!

We were sitting there enjoying a glass of wine when we were told there was a place for sale. My husband and I looked at each other and before the day was through the "place" was ours!  The following images will give you an idea of where my TRUE Purple Caravan will be:


The previous owners had a well tended garden which I hope to bring back from under the many weeds



I hope to have a screened porch built quite soon!





The living room has two bay windows looking out to a wonderful forest. I can't wait to transform it from this outdated 80's look into my beloved Bohemian Garden style :0)


This home has been gently used and the kitchen cabinets are in perfect condition. There was a "purple" candle left behind... an omen perhaps? :0)


Dining area... I envision a hanging chandelier with colored crystals, a beautiful tablecloth, and definitely another mirror or painting... what do  you think?


This nook will also be transformed. A perfect spot for daydreaming!


I'm afraid I will be very busy the next coming months. The camp opens from April to November so we will have time to start some of the transformations we plan to make. I will, of course, be showing photos of that and of the lovely sites, such as the lake and hopefully the many critters that abound :0)

We got back home last night and already I have filled pages with ideas and shopping lists. A favorite Three Dog's Night song keeps coming back to me:

"Whenever I need to leave it all behind
Or feel the need to get away
I find a quiet place, far from the human race
Out in the country.

Before the breathin' air is gone
Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime
Out where the rivers like to run
I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'

Whenever I feel them closing in on me
Or need a bit of room to move
When life becomes too fast, I find relief at last
Out in the country..."


Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. I apologize for not having been around to say hello as often as before, however, I do read and hold dear every single comment. Thank you!

Wishing everyone a lovely, magical day XO


18 comments:

  1. oh oh oh I'm so excited and thrilled for you! At last your dream cottage in the country. You must be so delighted. It looks very quiet, very pretty and the perfect little getaway. Some things are just meant to be I guess and this was meant to happen for you and you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.am.soooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!! How fun!!! You just never know when life is going to open up, do you? Don't you love it, though, when you turn a bend and, there it is - larger than life - the thing that was pending - that your heart and mind and soul was waiting for? Hooray! Oh, and, I love the dreamy start of an adventure, too. I am so extremely glad that you have a retreat - a quiet place to withdraw to. My heart was longing for it for you, too.

    Well! You are going to be one busy beaver this summer. We'll be happily patient while you're busy and look forward to news when you can get around to it!

    With joy, Katy xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!!! You will be pretty much my old neck of the woods. Now you can understand why I am so anxious to get back there. It's such serene and gentle place...but when one is young and sowing their wild oats, they don't think about things like that.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearie (That's almost as bad as calling someone "Sugar"! =]),

    I will try again!

    Dear Alina,

    I have an award for you! A perfect award!! Hee heeee! I linked it to one of my past favorite posts which was kind of silly because, I found that most of your posts are my favorite posts. So, well, "geesh!"

    With appreciation for you!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Alina, it's me again! I have GOT to find time to blog, now and again, when I don't have a headache or I'm not exhausted or too desperately hot! I feel like my last comment was stiff and awkward - please translate - I think that you know me well enough to know how....

    Thanks! Love and the very best heart wishes, Katy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alina, I am beyond thrilled for you - how exciting! Your little cottage looks warm and inviting surrounded by those lovely trees - I can only imagine the spell you shall cast upon it! Sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have your own little place in the country Alina ~ I am so happy for you and hubby ~ how wonderful to be in the right place at the right time to be able to purchase this little slice of paradise. It's going to be so fun for you decorating it just how you like and getting it all cozy for those lovely stays. Good for you!

    I look forward to all your photos of things you are going to change ~ have fun with it!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What magical news. What a magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alina, how wonderful! a dream come true, i cant wait to see what you will turn that dear little place into. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. how amazing for you Alina, it looks to be perfect and with your great twist on style your new home will soon be 'yours'...... I'm thrilled for you. Dreams do come true, maybe there's still time for mine. Don't forget to keep us here in blog land in the 'loop'.... have a great time creating your dream. Love Olive xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Alina! Congratulations on your new place! I can't wait to see what you do with it, because I love your style. I'm so happy for you that you found your quite, beautiful space away from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alina, I love it! And I love the woody surroundings... how enchanted! I would be wandering around and talking to birds all day long... ;)

    Te mando un abrazo

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Alina....oh my gosh it si BEAUTIFUL! yes a chandelier full of crystal bling will be magical there! Oh i am so excited for you! I didnt even see this post..soorry to be late! I am happy for you...and thrilled for your purple caravan to arrive! hooray..cheers..!
    HUgs! many blessings..and yes you will be busy ..with your new gift...isnt it wonderful how magic is around the corner..life is full of blessings..so happy for you!
    yay!
    Congrats!
    Hugs
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU EVERYONE! YOUR GOOD WISHES MEAN A LOT TO ME. THEY REALLY DO! HUGHS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Alina! Beautiful,beautiful! Beautiful!!! and...thank you for your prayers..Lovey

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!!I am really excited for you!! What an amazing place and I can't wait to see you transform bits step by step...you are so lucky.... it was meant to be...purple candle...for sure...ENJOY!!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have found your CARAVAN Alina !. Beautiful place to spend a long and warm summer. The decoration es a challenge for you. Congratulations for this gift..!

    Thanks for your visit to the apartment in Paris

    un besito :-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alina, muchas felicitaciones por el absolutely beautiful and lovely place you bought, I love it already and can imagine how it´s going to be after you introduce your splendid touch and taste!!!!
    Enjoy it to the fullest. I don´t want to miss the work in progress, every detail....
    cariños,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Albert Schweitzer said "In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" I thank you all!